Steven J. Prager
Contact Me: 619-826-6926
Attorney Steven J. Prager handles a variety of Divorce and Family Law cases in San Diego, CA. If you are facing the family court system you may be overwhelmed and in need of help from an experienced attorney. Whether your Family Law matter requires litigation or mediation Steven has the expertise to guide you through the process.
For the past 12-years, Steven has dedicated his life to the practice of law. He has handled well over 500 cases to date and reports a success rate that exceeds 90%. Originally, Steven began his career with the San Diego County Public Defender in 2010. He joined the Family Law division of the Marshall Sanders firm in 2012, becoming a partner in 2015. He subsequently started his own practice now known as Prager Jones, APC. Steven is also a licensed Divorce Attorney in the State of Texas, and admitted to practice law before the U.S District Court, for the Southern District.
Steven describes his practice style as "efficient". He focuses on what the problem is and getting the problem solved, as soon as possible, with the least possible cost to the client. Every case is unique and requires a distinctive legal strategy to be successful. Diplomacy can be the most efficient route to the best results while other cases require aggressive litigation. It's essential that your Divorce attorney excels at a multitude of legal strategies. Steven has a background in competitive chess and game theory which he draws upon in developing legal strategies. He credits a large number of his successes to his innovative legal strategies.
Outside of work, Steven loves spending time with friends, family and his miniature schnauzer, "Charlie". Steven is an avid weightlifter, and enjoys an active lifestyle with activities such as boxing, scuba diving, and surfing. Steven spends much of his free time giving back to the community by working with charities, legal clinics, and volunteering as a Judge in national law competitions.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: Deans List
- Honors: With Distinction
- California State University, Northridge, Los Angeles, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2007
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: With Distinction
- California, 2012
- Texas, 2021
- Jefferson Medal, 2010
- CALI Excellence Award, 2010
- American Jurisprudence, 2010
- Witkin Award, 2010
- Martindale-Hubble Community Service Award, 2017
- USD School of Law Transgender Name and Gender-Marker Change Clinic, 2018 to Present
- Sierra Club San Diego, 2010 to Present
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order for Celebrity MMA Fighter Client.
- Prenuptial Agreement for Real Estate Mogul.
- Hight Asset Dissolution of Marriage for Superintendent of National Construction Company.
- Post-Judgment Stipulation for CEO of Silicon Valley Start-up Valued at 50 Million Dollars.
- Child Custody Case for Magazine Cover Model.
- Cory H. Morris, Esq.
- Frank R. Mead, Esq.
- Carl R. Wagreich, DPM
- Scott M. Gregor, DO
- Ryan Seacrest Productions, Reality Television Producer, 2007 to 2008
- RCA Records, A&R, 2004 to 2007
- Los Angeles Guardians, 2014 to 2017
- Tom Homann LGBT Law Association
- California Lawyers Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Founding Partner at Prager Jones