Caring Advocates Who Can Help You Get A Restraining Order
At Prager Jones, we help the survivors of domestic abuse seek domestic violence restraining orders, or DVROs. Based out of San Diego, we serve clients in La Mesa, San Carlos and other cities in East San Diego County. Our attorneys focus 100% on family law, which gives them a rare level of knowledge about the court system as it relates to domestic abuse, child custody, divorce and more.
How Do I Get A DVRO?
If a current or former intimate partner, a family member or someone else in your household has threatened, assaulted, harassed or otherwise abused you, you have the right to seek a DVRO by following these steps:
- Fill out four forms – the Request for Domestic Violence Restraining Order, the Confidential CLETS Information, the Notice of Court Hearing and the Temporary Restraining Order.
- File the papers at your local courthouse.
- Pick up your court papers when the clerk has prepared them.
- Have the sheriff or another party serve the papers to the person from whom you need protection.
- Find out what your court date is and attend the hearing on that date.
These steps are complex and can feel overwhelming. One of our family law attorneys can guide you through the process and ensure you complete everything correctly so you have the best possible chance of getting the court to grant the order.
Attention, Honesty And Resources That Set Us Apart
We are selective with the cases we take, which allows us to give our full attention to our clients. When you work with us, you can always expect our undivided personal service. We are direct and honest about topics like the cost of our services, the likelihood of getting the outcome you want, the impact on your custody arrangement or the likelihood of obtaining a DVRO. Our firm also has connections with mental health professionals, financial planners and other resources with whom we can connect you.
Ask For Our Help Today – Get A Free Consultation
You do not have to go through this frightening situation on your own. Allow one of our lawyers to assist you. To learn more about what we can do for you, please call 619-826-6926 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation.